Monday, January 23, 2012

Barnes and Noble

I still miss Borders. I miss sitting in the café and working on my writing, leafing through a magazine or book. It has been closed for quite awhile. Today, I find myself at the Cranberry’s Barnes and Noble bookstore. I am sitting in the café writing and looking out the window at the light snow that has been falling. I feel comfortable and content. I especially feel at home sitting amongst the famous writers’ images that surround the top wall of the café wall, like: Joyce, Hemingway, Woolf, Dickinson, Kipling and so many others. Some day I wish to be one of the pictures on the wall or have a book that I have written on one of the shelves at the bookstore. Even though I have a Kindle, I sit with a stack of books and other things in front of me…a meditation book that I will buy, a journal, a calendar, birthday card and a gift for one of my grandchildren.

So, I continue to write away, to fulfill my dreams. I posted my novel on Amazon for Kindle and on Barnes and Noble for the Nook. I have sold over a dozen books. Not bad for someone who doesn’t have a book printed in hard cover or hasn’t really bothered to advertise my book. I’m working on my second book, while I have other projects in my writing bag or in my head. I never bother with New Year resolutions because I will break them some where along the way. But mentally I know that I will be working on my writing and that is always my resolution.

Today is a good day though to be at Barnes and Noble and to continue on my writing journey. For me, it doesn’t get any better then this.

No comments:

Post a Comment