Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Wii for Me

When my son moved out, he took his Wii and Xbox with him. I decided I wanted my own Wii system and games, so that when the grandchildren came over they would have something to play with at my house.

I went to Target and bought the Wii System, which came with the Wheel Consol, Remote, Nunchuck, Wii Wheel and Mario Kart game. I bought a 2nd remote and Nunchuk for a second player to join in, along with five Wii games. Yes, I’m vying for the grandmother of the year
I wanted the Wii set up on my Living room television. All I wanted to do was be able to press a button to play the game. Sounds simple…huh? Oh no, not in my house or on my Television. Nothing ever seems to go that easy.

It was obvious that I needed more outlets in the back of my TV and until I can figure out what I need to buy – this would have to do. If anyone wanted to play the Wii game, they would have to pull out the plug for the DVD and hook up the red, yellow and white plugs into the back of the television.

The first time my grandchildren came over…that is what I did pulled the plugs from the DVD and put them into the back of the television. It took awhile to get things going, but thank God my seven year old grandson could figure out how to get the Wii game started.
Later, I will head for a store and buy an AB switch and all I will have to do is switch it on and not bother to move the television and play around with the red, white and yellow plugs.

Yes – I am vying for the title of Best Grandma of the Year. Just as long as I have someone else to help me figure out all this mechanical stuff that goes into all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment