Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring

I have to say, spring is probably my favorite season of all. One moment everything is dull looking. The snow has left its imprint on everything and the mud and the colors of brown have dotted the landscape. It’s as if in a blink or overnight one wakes up to sun and warmth and eventually buds and colors.

I love seeing the spring fashions in my garden – the buds on the trees; both green and red. The buds on the plants bursting their seams and the crocus beginning to open in all their riotous colors: purple, white, yellow and more.

Before I know it, the crocus are in full bloom, the forsythia is blazing, so is my lonely grape hyacinth (the one given to me last Easter), and my many daffodils –tall and short, yellow and white, fighting for my attention. Then it is my tulips – usually those graceful beautiful deer, which trip through my back yard, stop and feed on those delectable treats. Yet, thankfully they seem to have overlooked my front yard. Those lucky tulips have bloomed into red, yellows, whites and a gorgeous purple. While all this is all going on, the Red Bud Trees in my backyard are blooming, and eventually my fragrant lilacs add their own scent and beauty.

I find total joy in my garden. I have plans for it and am eager to carry out my plans for its summer beauty. But right now, after the cold and dreary months of winter, I am fully ready for the glorious season of spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment