Thursday, November 8, 2012

Road Trip


Something that I have always wanted to do was get into my car and go off on a road trip. Just drive somewhere randomly, get out of the car wherever I want to and take photos or just walk around and then get back into my car. I always wanted to be a little bit like Thelma and Louise without killing anyone or driving off a mountain!

 

Recently, I just fulfilled my dream of a road trip and took it with a friend. We got into her car and headed up I-79 to 80 and took a few turns onto a few different roads. We traveled through Emlenton and some other small towns, stopping to take a photo of an eclectic looking house. The place looked like a small Southern house with two stories and a flat roof, and vining flowers growing up one of the metal trellis. Two painted trees are strategically placed on each side of the front of the house on the second story. The iron gate caught my eye and camera with a “Please Go Away” spelled out in iron. I have never seen such massive and healthy ferns in pots in front of the house…whatever it was they were huge and thriving. The house was picturesque and lent itself to a camera buff.

 

After we drove along and stopped at a few old cemeteries, where I realized how the styles of grave markets and monuments have changed over the years. There are a lot of stories, silenced, in those cemeteries.

 

The leaves hadn’t changed colors, yet the trees and scenery was spectacular. Along the drive, we even braked for two baby Ruffled Feather Grouses (the national bird of Pennsylvania, which was something I learned from being a Cub Scout Den Mother).

 

Evening found us in Tionesta, Pennsylvania, on a Sunday night and we ate at a delightful restaurant, the Sky Jet.

 

Next time, it might be better to travel on a Saturday and be able to go into some of those eclectic shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment