Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame


I love music. I love the lyrical words that are set to the music. It is pure poetry in motion. If I could live out my dream –I would have either been a music writer or a roadie for a rock band.

When I first heard that Cleveland was selected to be the home for the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame, I was ecstatic. It just seemed the right place to build it, since Alan Freed, a Cleveland Disc Jockey, was credited with coining the term – Rock and Roll. The shore of Lake Erie in downtown Cleveland was a fitting home for the building, which opened in 1995.

 

Then the architect was selected – I.M. Pei, a Chinese American architect, who is often called the master of modern architecture. I first became familiar with him when I took an Architecture class in college. I love his design of the building, steel, glass, and concrete. The front is shaped like a large glass pyramid with the top of the building shaped like an old fashioned record player.

 

There are seven floors in the 150,000 square foot building. There are so many displays, videos, films, and listening posts to hear an assortment of music, by many music groups and musicians. On the top floor there is a movie dedicated to everyone who has been inducted into the Hall of Fame. Along the walls are the signatures of the Inductees. One floor hosts the special exhibits.

 

There is no doubt in my mind that any music lover will definitely want to visit the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame. Until then, click on to the Hall of Fame Website for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment