Monday, March 18, 2013

New Pope/New Day


I love the idea of a new Pope for a new start. I love the idea that this Pope is a Jesuit. The Jesuits are known as thinkers and educators and were also seen as the black sheep of the church family.

 

I love the idea that this Pope is humble, loves people and shuns the trapping of the church. Knowing that as a cardinal, he lived in his own apartment, took a bus to work, and managed and paid his own bills…t makes me realize that he is really one of us.

 

I do realize because he is the Pope and lives in the Vatican, that he needs a lot of people surrounding him, protecting him, and keeping people out of the Vatican. I’m sure all those people traipsing through the halls and on the carpets will incur a mess. Besides, that’s an unrealistic view that we can just go up to the Vatican, ring a bell, and hang out with Pope Francis.

 

But for the first time in a long time, I see a Pope who likes his flock. He is one of us, even if he does wear a white dress and white beanie.

 

Viva Il Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment