Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Rockin' The Rivers Pin Collectors


 
 

Sometimes, when things are stale in your life, it is good to do something a little different or not in the norm for yourself. That was exactly what I did this past Sunday. My Sunday was spent around a bunch of avid collectors of Hard Rock pins at Pittsburgh’s Hard Rock Café. It was their Rockin’ the Rivers Pin Collectors Pin Club meeting.

 

The Hard Rock Café sponsored a scrumptious breakfast of freshly made omelets, bacon, sausage, hash browns, pastries and bagels. Around 30 people attended, enjoying the food, camaraderie, and trading Hard Rock pins. This was the second time that I attended one of these meetings.

 

I was amazed at how many pins some of the attendees had. One man said he had between 300 – 500 pins. I looked through a number of pins on display and was able to find some interesting pins to swap. Since I grew up in Cleveland, I actually swapped for a Buzzard Guitar Pin (commemorating the Buzzards who return every March 15th to Hinckley, Ohio.) Plus I found a 2009 Cleveland Rock and Roll Induction Guitar Pin. After walking around, I traded for a few more pins, bought some new pins, and a collectors pin bag for the 70+ pins that I now possessed.

                                                                                                               


It was an interesting Sunday. Some of the members were retired singles and couples. There were even a few Hippies, sporting their graying pony tails and clothes from the 60s. But everyone had one thing in common -  they were crazy about their Hard Rock pins!

No comments:

Post a Comment