Monday, October 7, 2013

Baby Shower


 

Hosting bridal showers and wedding showers can be interesting. I have hosted a few of them for my daughters-in-law. It’s fun to host showers because they signify a mile stone. Showers are fun. Baby showers are a double treat. I get to watch their reactions when they open their gifts. My joy is seeing their joy and knowing in a short time that I will have a new grandchild.

 

Now, I finally got to host a baby shower for my youngest daughter. Cleaning was easy for me…I just kept a check list and went through my chores, along with preparing for some of the food at home and at my daughter’s catering kitchen.

 

When the time arrived, the guests showed up, and shortly later we served the food. The food was good and plentiful but it was the desserts that really shined, especially the cake which was created and made by Lucy, the owner of Bee Delicious Pastries

 

The cake was in two round layer cakes. Each layer had a chocolate and pumpkin layer with chocolate ganache. The frosting was chocolate fondant. The cake was shaped like a miniature top hat, and decorated in a diamond pattern and circles on top of the cake sat a whimsical elephant. It wasn’t just a fantastic looking cake but when it was cut and we ate it – it was tasty, moist and just plain out of this world. The pastries that Lucy made were excellent – the cute and delicious sucker cake pops were a hit with the little kids, along with the moist Pignoli cookies, sandwich macaroons, fresh raspberry bars, and yummy lady locks. As usual, Lucy scored big with two thumbs up or five stars!

 

Everyone enjoyed themselves. My daughter received all the necessary items needed for a baby. The only thing missing is the baby. He or she will make its arrival in a few weeks. That’s when the work and joy really begins.

 
Right now, it’s a count down. I can’t wait for my 19th grandchild to be born…that’s when my treat as a Grandmother begins

No comments:

Post a Comment