Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fairy Garden or Dragon Garden


During the summer, I took my two grandchildren to LMS Greenhouse, where one made a Fairy Garden and the other a Dragon Garden. This was a repeat session for me, where a few months ago, I took my oldest granddaughter to one of those fairy garden classes. We both made our own gardens.

 

This particular Saturday, we were the only people in attendance. So both Tyler and Bayleigh definitely got a lot of attention from Jane, who conducts the classes. Both my grandchildren let their imaginations run wild as they began to pick out what they wanted to go into their gardens and mentally designed where to place everything. It was fun to watch their faces and creativity.

 

Tyler made a dragon garden with a few different sized plants, a dragon house, a pig as the victim of the dragon’s kill, and stones for water, along with bark as ground cover. It was a typical boy’s garden.

 

Bayleigh’s garden had a lighter feeling to it. She had used a fairy, three different plants and stones and pebbles for water. She hung lights in the tall plant that represented a tree, and birds flying about on wire were pushed into the soil.

 

Both gardens were magical and imaginative. My grandchildren had fun and the memory of that day will linger on in the gardens that they can keep all year round. As for me – the whole time I was with them…Priceless.

 

Just in case …the garden center now has Halloween accents for fairy gardens. They will also have plenty of Christmas accents as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment