Sunday, March 23, 2014

Grandchildren's Books

Lately, I have been working on books for my grandchildren. This project will keep me busy for a long time. Right now I have 20 grandchildren. I am writing a special story about each one of them. I have so far written 11 stories. I think they are pretty good ones. That means I have 9 more to complete.

The stories are mostly based on fact and then I use my writer’s imagination to compose a fun story. After I write the story, I proof it, and edit it. I usually add more to the story and try to keep it to 3-4 pages. When I am satisfied, I pull out my hard white books that I have ordered over the Internet. I choose what parts of the story goes on each page and cut it to that page. Then I find some scrap book paper that I can cut whichever way I wish and place it on each page, glue it, then glue down the lines to the story. When I am finished…I get a picture that is appropriate for each page to go along with the story.

So far…I have completed three books. I gave my oldest granddaughter her book on her last birthday, when she turned 17. Hannah was already familiar with the story that I had written about her. She was excited when I finally gave the finished book to her.

Right now, I am working on a 4th book, and have one more to complete. I will give the finished books to four of my grandchildren who have summer birthdays. Two of my grandchildren will be 14 and the other two will be 13. I figured that they would appreciate a book about them with photos and a fun story. I will also write something inside of the book when I give it to them.

This is my way of doing something special for the grandchildren whom I love. Plus it lets them know that besides Grandma G loving them, I am also a writer who wanted to share my writing with each grandchild.

Hopefully they will appreciate the book. As years go by, maybe they can pull it out, read the sentiment that I have written and enjoy a look back at their life in a short story with some cute pictures of them.


I am making a memory for both me and my grandchildren. The cost of this project…PRICELESS! 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get mine (: From Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be part of my birthday present to you. I hope you will like it?

    ReplyDelete