Monday, June 16, 2014

Finding Your Happy Place

As I was sitting next to my friend at a table in the library – she mentioned that this was her happy place. Being at the library, surrounded by books was where she loved to be. I realized that one of my happy places used to be at the old Border’s bookstore. I would go to the bookstore after my early morning gym workout. I would take my writing bag, stop at Borders in the mornings, buy a coffee, sit down in the café, and write for a few hours. That was my daily and happy ritual.

Borders or any bookstore made me happy, as long as I could write there. But was it my happy place? No. My happy place was wherever I found myself writing. It can be on my rocker in my bedroom or sitting Indian style on my bed, writing or even at my computer.

Yet, sometimes, my happy place is working in my garden or at the greenhouse. And while I was writing this, I pulled out a small clip board with some note paper on it and I did a double take…on the bottom of the paper was a potted, flowering plant and a saying, find your happy place. Now that was really weird and strange to have found that note paper, since that is the topic that I am writing about. So, maybe I have found my happy place which is in my writing.


I guess your happy place or places can be many places, doing many things, a few things or nothing at all. Where’s your happy place? Care to share it…

4 comments:

  1. From Matt - At Heinz Field, watching the Steeler game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really...watching the Steelers get pummeled by the Browns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Ben's 15-1 against the Steelers and will be 16-1 soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's because he was from Ohio...so he is like a Browns football player.

    ReplyDelete