Friday, June 20, 2014

Hot Dogs: As American as Apple Pie





When I think of a picnic, cookout, or a sports game, I immediately think Hot Dogs. I love hot dogs. I love hot dogs smeared with good old mustard; the more the better. Having a hot dog is an important part of the menu during a picnic or cook out. Besides the fact that kids love them, so do adults.

I know when I go to a stadium for a game, there is nothing I like more than the taste of a hot dog from the grill. There are a number of condiments to choose from but my choice is always to slather the stadium mustard on my hot dog.

Hot dogs were a big part of my kids’ life while growing up. We would have hot dogs, beans, and French fries at least once a week. If I was trying to be fancy, I would cut a slit down the hot dog; tuck a piece of cheese inside, then roll both into a crescent roll. My kids loved those crescent rolled up hot dogs with cheese. Those made a big hit during lunch or dinner time.


To me, hot dogs are part of the American landscape and they are a part of my life. Needless to say - that plain or simple - hot dogs are just taste simply delicious.

1 comment: