Saturday, November 8, 2014

Much Ado about Trees

Besides that Mondays are a pain after a nice weekend…mine turned out to be not just a pain, but a nightmare of a Monday. I started out having my new car inspected at the Ford Dealer. I thought since it was a 2014 model…my stay would be an in and out. After three hours of replacing things because of five recalls, I was out of there. They did do a free oil change and washed my car, and that would be the high point of my day!

I struggled with going to do my errands or going home to put on my gym clothes. Guilt won out and I drove home to change into my gym clothes. On my way home, I started to think about calling the tree service, which I had signed a contract with and sent in a hefty deposit, to find out when they would be coming out to cut down the trees.

As I pulled up to my house, the tree cutters were there, a few trucks were lined up and I had to park somewhere down the road. But I was happy to see them and not have to call. One of the workers pointed out what they had cut and ran over what else they planned to do. Then I looked at his hoody and saw the name of the tree service…J.R. Tree Service. As my stomach sank down into my knees, I looked at the guy and said…You are not Lumberjack’s Tree Service? I signed a contract with them and wrote out a check to them! We discussed the mix up because my daughter gave this tree service a verbal okay. They didn’t bother with a contact and now I was in a panic.

I ran in the house and took the steps, two at a time, sat at my desk and called Lumberjacks. After discussing my dilemma…the woman was okay with everything, and tore up the contract and would be sending me back my deposit.

I sat in front of my computer and felt the air go out of me. My head pounded and I just sat there for a while, wishing I was at a bar and could have ordered an alcoholic drink. I kept wondering why nothing ever runs smoothly for me? This screwy incident pretty much summed up my life.

I shook it off, stood up, went into my bedroom, changed my clothes and left my house. The sawing and noise of the machinery was hurting my head. I didn’t return until later that night. The next day my peace and quiet was spoiled as I had to listen to the loud grinding of the stumps and roots being grounded and cut away from the two trees that I had taken down.  And I would have two spots with soil and dirt in piles. For all the money I spent and the trauma, I would have thought the tree service could at least have run a rake and smoothed out the bombed out area.


Unfortunately, that is going to be my job over the weekend. Instead, I talked my son and grandson into helping me for a pizza and a pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment