Thursday, November 20, 2014

New York Trip - Day 2



After breakfast at The Fine Thread B & B, we drove 40 minutes to corning, Hew York. Since this was on our Itinerary, we actually went into the Corning Glass Museum. My friend, the travel guide, already had Day 2 planned out. We had reservations to take part in a 30 minute glass making session, where we both chose to make sun catchers. The sun catchers would be heated, cooled, and shipped to us later. The glass making session was actually fun.



I did enjoy touring the museum and seeing all the different types of blown glass, glass ware, and objects on display. There was a special exhibit for Rene Lalique. His work was absolutely exquisite. I found a glass pane make by Dale Chihuly, which was different from his other works that I have seen, and even more beautiful. We also found a stained glass panel on display called Orphee aux Feuillages or Orpheus in Foliage designed by Jean Cocteau. This was totally breath-taking and we had to take a number of pictures of it. We ate lunch at the Museum Café and it was a perfect ending for our tour.




The drive to Cooperstown was another 3 hours. We found our motel, Lake-n-Pines next to Glimmerglass Lake (Otsega Lake). This lake was part of the setting for James Fenimore Cooper’s novels. Our motel rooms were great and overlooked the lake. I finally felt connected to the work because the motel had Wi-Fi, and that made the world a better place for me. That night, we had tickets for a Haunted House Tour at the Hyde House, a 50-room mansion. The house was recently featured on the TV series, Ghost Hunters. Most of the people actually said that they saw and heard things in the house, but I am a skeptic, and just chuckled when I heard them mention sounds and having orbs in their photos.



We ate a late dinner in Cooperstown, and the meal was worthy of another clean plate award. While we were eating, another group from our ghost tour was there and they showed us a picture that they took with an odd orb in it. I assumed it was supposed to be a ghost. It was an interesting shot and when I looked at my photos…everyone said that there were small dots in it, which were orbs. My thought was that the next time, I should make sure that I wiped off my camera lens of lint and dust.


All in all, it was another full day, strange sounds, orbs and all. I am definitely looking forward to Day 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment