Sunday, November 30, 2014

My Writing Room



My writing room is small and comfortable. I have two bookcases filled with writing books, and vinyl, magazines and tapes that I have collected. There are three CD holders standing with my CD collections. The wall in front of my computer, where I work, has framed pictures of my kids when they were little, I love looking at them because the photos making me happy, even though the times were hectic and crazy, they were still the best of times for me. I loved every bit of those times and wish I could click my New Balance work out shoes and go back to them. But if I could, I wouldn’t want to go through the awful times of 2001 to 2007. Those were the dark times in my life.



I have posters of Lynyrd Skynyrd, an enormous poster of the Bee Gees ‘One Night Only’ concert, a poster of General James Longstreet from the Civil War, and a Jerry Garcia poster. I also have two framed pictures…one of my oldest four children, Matthew, Christopher, Kevin, and Katie… in a crib mugging. The photo was taken in Columbia, Missouri. The other framed photo is of my three grandchildren at that same age…mugging for the camera are Brooke, Matthew, and Mika. Both, oddly, are a duplicate shot and it wasn’t planned. I love those two pictures. On the bookcases I have a wood cut of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame given to me by my good friend, Elaine; a goofy figure from Jeff, (my so-called 7th son); a Jerry Garcia figure playing the guitar, but the guitar is now missing; a James Longstreet Mug, two lunch boxes of the Bee Gees; an old Bee Gees Record player; a Bernie Kosar framed photo and figure, and a Malkin bobble head! I also have a stand with rattan baskets and on that stand is a record player. There is another shelf filled with more computer paper, extra keyboards, books, and a plastic container of pens and pencils.











I have framed some of my stories that were published, a cactus sketch from Mickey for when I sold my first story, a movie poster from Come Away With Me, with the ‘hotty’ guy from CafĂ© Canole, the giraffe picture that my son, Chris, sketched when he was in the 5th grade, and when we lived in Erie. There is also a framed poster of a woman looking over a railing entitled – Every Woman Should!



My computer desk is a mess! But as long as I can get to the keyboard, I am fine with this. The extra computer chair is stacked with writing as is the garbage can. I left a small opening to throw away crumpled paper and trash. My second desk, by the double windows is chuck filled of papers, markers, pencils, ink, a Browns cap and more CDs. There are some containers on the floor…two that are holding papers as well. It is a mess but I work best this way!


This is my domain where I rule! Or rather write, or attempt to do so.  And like a writer, I write!

No comments:

Post a Comment