Saturday, November 15, 2014

New York Trip - 2014

I took another road trip to New York with a different friend. Before we even started, my friend sent me a 3-page itinerary of our trip! It started with our Friday, 9:30 departure from my house and our estimated arrival at Hammondsport, New York at 3:30. It was amazing because we actually left a bit later but did arrive at the exact time that was on the paper.

We had reservations at The Fine Thread B&B. We found it and stopped in our tracks when we looked at the door with its Halloween decorations and sign that said Do Not Enter. Besides that the house was run down and didn’t look like any B&B that I ever stayed at, the sign should have been a warning. We didn’t heed it and banged on the door and then called the owner. The 15 year old son, who appeared to not want the job as the tour guide brought us up the steps, pointed out the two separate rooms, and whipped out a note pad to take our breakfast order. OY!

We walked around Hammondsport which was a quaint and beautiful town, along the Keuka River. The houses were the old Victorian type, large and picturesque, and well cared for. The center of the town had an old, comfortable feel to it with a number of antique shops and restaurants.

We entered one restaurant and both of us ordered a yummy hamburger that was worth eating everything off of our plates. We walked around the town and took a few pictures and then went back to our B&B. The place did have cable but no Wi-Fi, which bummed me out. I tried watching TV but despite all the channels, I kept finding the same programs repeated over and over and pretty much couldn’t hear the TV, even with the volume up.


I have to say that the place was quiet and clean but I was happy when we left the next day after breakfast, and drove on to Corning, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment