Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year



Making New Year’s resolutions sort of reminds me of how Catholics make a decision as to what to give up during the six weeks of Lent, leading up to Easter. For Catholics, it is a form of penance and it is giving up something to make us better. So, I suppose that is why we make a New Year’s resolution or two. I figure that because a new year begins, it is like starting over, or doing a do over, or trying for a fresh start, or trying to get it right this time.

So in honor of this New Year, I pledge not to make any new resolutions. My decision is based solely on my life experience. Making a list of things to do is something I choose not to do. Not because I am lazy or weak. It is based on the fact that I won’t keep them because life somehow, seems to get in the way.


But for now…Happy New Year everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment