Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Enjoying the little Moment

The other evening, I was running around in my house  doing a number of things when my daughter stopped in with her little boy and asked me if I would watch him while she went to the grocery store.

For a while, Will and I played with toys. Then I could see his day-time battery was wearing out. He whimpered. I put the pacifier in his mouth, handed him his blue baby blanket, and he cuddled up in my lap, on the chair. We were watching the Disney channel, and Will slowly drifted off into a deep sleep.


While Will was sleeping, all the things that I wanted to do just melted away. My mind slowed down and all I could do was relax with Will and enjoy the moment. That was when I realized that everything else didn’t matter and it all could wait. I was totally relaxed and focused on my grandson, drinking in his little baby smell, watching how peaceful and angelic he looked at that moment, sleeping in my arms. This was a moment to savor and enjoy my grandson…and I was enjoying every precious moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment