Friday, January 9, 2015

Knitting a Baby Blanket

In the last couple of years – I have spent hours and weeks making a number of baby blankets for various grandchildren. Recently, I made a replacement blanket for my youngest grandson, who besides loving his blanket has been slowly pulling the yarn from it. His blanket is sort of an aphrodisiac or drug for him, where he holds it to his nose, or sucks on it, or tries to pull the yarn with his teeth. Like, Linus, he can be seen pulling his blanket behind him. Now he has two of the same blankets – same pattern and same color, to destroy.

Now, I am heading to the yarn store and purchasing more baby yarn. My 21st grandchild, a boy, will be making his appearance in May. This grandson will make the 6th Gauntner grandson vs. 15 granddaughters!


I love my grandchildren. I love to knit. I also doubt that this will be the last grandchild or the last blanket that I knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment