Monday, June 1, 2015

51 year Championship Drought!



I’ve been watching the Cleveland Cavaliers play and win their Western Conference. They are now resting up until they meet the Golden State Warriors on June 4th to play for the NBA Championship.

I have always been a fan of the Cavs. I will also be honest…I was disappointed in LeBron James when he announced on national television that he was taking his game to South Beach. And I rooted for every team that played against the Miami Heat.

When LeBron came back to the Cavs, I thought, okay, whatever. The owner of the Cavs, finally got it right, went out, and got a good supporting cast to play with LeBron. The team already had Kyrie Irving.

With the sweep of the Hawks, the Cavs will have a much needed break to rest and heal. I realized that the Cavs are four games from winning their first NBA Championship. In a city with three major teams, the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Cleveland Indians, and the Cleveland Browns…Cleveland has gone 51 years without winning a championship game of any kind. The last team to win a championship was the 1964 Cleveland Browns football team. The three teams have reached 143 seasons without a championship. That is a very long time, and I for one, am thirsty for a championship in Cleveland.


I definitely liked one of the signs that was on television during the Cavs game – ‘Team Work makes the Dream Work.’  I am a believer now!

1 comment:

  1. It should be fun to watch Lebron vs Curry. I'll be rooting for the Warriors and hoping to make it a 52 year drout

    ReplyDelete