Friday, June 12, 2015

Respect for LeBron

Win or lose, I have a new found respect for LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers basketball player. When LeBron left the Cavs a few years ago, I felt angry and disappointed. To be honest, I also knew that he would win an NBA championship with the Miami Heat.  I was jealous of that fact.

When LeBron decided to re-sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers and come back to play, I was leery but secretly excited. Here was the Akron, Ohio local boy, who was first signed by Cleveland when he was 18 and right out of high school. Now, the ‘prodigal son’, has returned and I, along with the rest of the Cavs fans have embraced his comeback and story.

I never thought he could carry this year’s team this far. I hoped but thought it might take another year or two to make it to a play-off game. I think LeBron’s maturity had definitely helped and set the tone of play for this team. While watching the team play, one can see the influence and camaraderie of the team itself.

During the play-off games, my admiration and respect for LeBron has grown. I have watched his face and have seen his sheer determination, focus, drive and desire to win. He has helped to bring the team this far. He has ignited his teammates.

LeBron is a pure physical machine. The look on his face during the games, says it all, no words are needed.


Win or lose, I have gained a profound respect for LeBron James.

No comments:

Post a Comment