Saturday, June 27, 2015

Anthony's on the Hill, Richmond, Virginia


Anthony’s on the Hill is an Italian Restaurant located in The Church Hill district area of Richmond. It is one of those little neighborhood restaurants that I wish was in my neighborhood back home in Pittsburgh. The restaurant was small and had a few tables. It has a full menu, pizza, and take-out orders. The place also has delivery service.

It was a comfortable place, and the food was truly fresh and delicious. My salad was one of the freshest house salads I have ever eaten. It was packed with crispy greens, black olives, fresh tomatoes and croutons. But it was the balsamic dressing that made the salad so good.

The bread that came with the olive oil for dipping was also great. Both the balsamic vinegar and olive oil was the best that I ever have ever tasted! My eggplant parmigiana was freshly made, and the home made marinara sauce was delicious.


Everything at Anthony’s on the Hill is made fresh on a daily basis. The waiter was friendly, the bill was reasonable, the surroundings, comfortable and the food was top notch. If I lived in the area, this restaurant would be my weekly stop, where everyone would know my name and visa versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment