Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Another Life's Milestone




My twins are turning 40 today and I can’t believe it!

It seemed just like yesterday when I went to the OB and he sent me for a sonogram and saw two babies. It took two weeks for the news to sink in and for me to mentally accept it. I already had four other children, all under the age of 6.

Eventually I did accept the fact that I was going to have twins and my body took on a life of its own. I would end up like one of those whales that washed up on the Pacific beaches.

Despite the babies being two-and-a-half weeks late, they were fine and together they weighed a whopping, 17pounds! No wonder I felt and looked like a large Orca Mommy.

Brian and Michael kept me hopping. They added chaos and bedlam to an already crazy and noisy household. They had their own twin talk. They helped each other to climb on each other's back and reach things that were taboo. And fecal smearing became their preferred art form.  But in all these 40 years, they brought me laughter and tears and filled my heart with chaos and love.

Happy Birthday, Brian and Michael! Thanks for the memories. Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment