Thursday, February 23, 2017

Panera's - My Muse




My biggest lament is the fact that there are no book stores in the North Hills area of Pittsburgh. I miss the old Borders Bookstore that used to be located at the Northway Mall. Borders was my daily fix, where I used to go and write in their Café, while drinking coffee and munching on one of their pastries. After hours of writing, I would end up picking out a few books and magazines, pay, and leave the store. This was basically what I did during most of the week.

Now, I go to the library to work but it just isn’t the same experience for me. I don’t feel inspired or creative there. I usually get drowsy and have a hard time staying awake. My writing drive isn’t there.

I can drive up to Barnes & Noble in Cranberry, which I do at least every other week and write but it isn’t the same. It might take 20 minutes or so, depending on the traffic. It isn’t like the five minute drive that I had to Borders.

So, I have been going to the old Panera’s on McKnight Road to write. Despite the fact that they took out their televisions and that they no longer have WiFi – I somehow manage to write. Maybe it’s the hum of talking or the pleasant aromas of food. But Panera’s has become my Muse.

I still miss the old bookstore but at least I have a place to write, drink coffee, and munch on some food.

No comments:

Post a Comment