Sunday, February 5, 2017

Time and Memories



Today, I remember the birth of my second son, Christopher. He was born 45 years ago, two days after my mother died. Talk about going from the depths of sadness to the heavenly feelings of joy! I did both in two days.

I admit that it was a bittersweet time. The joy I felt in holding my son, Christopher, helped to ease a heart break. I felt sadness, knowing how much my mother would have loved to be with me to share this joy. She would have loved playing patty cake with my two-year-old son, while playing with him. She would have loved to also hold her new born grandson, singing and cuddling him and feeling his soft little hands. My mother always told me how much she loved the feel of a little baby’s and a little child’s hand.

During those times that I held my baby – I always liked to think that my mother and my son passed one another on their last and first journey and touched hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment