Sunday, February 26, 2017

Grandma's Day Care




Years ago, I took a class at Community College. At that time, my kids were all in school and I think I was seeing the future  – ‘The Empty Nest’ syndrome and it scared me. Yes, I was afraid of the emptiness, especially with having nine children around, all in close age. Little did I know that I wouldn’t need to have a formal Day Care and I wouldn’t need to be accredited by the state?

I have been watching grandchildren from the time I watched my oldest granddaughter, who is now 20. Sometimes, I would have one or two babies around. At one time, I even watched three of my grandchildren at once with the babies being one month apart. It was like a flash back to my old days when I had twins, each in their own baby seat, me in the middle feeding them their bottles at the same time. Now, I was doing it with my little granddaughters.

Despite the chaos of my old life…looking back at it I realized that it was the most joyful part of my life….babies and children. Now I get to enjoy it all over again with my grandchildren!

Once again, my house is still set up from when I had little kids…lots of toys and books, a high chair, and baby seat. Unfortunately, about 2 months ago, my crib was taken down. My daughter gave me her Pack-n-Play for a place to put down a little grandchild for a nap. But, I have enough beds for the older grandchildren, a toy room filled with toys, lots of paper and coloring books with crayons, paints and brushes, board games, doll houses and dolls, garages, farms, a zoo, tiny cars and the biggest life saver – Playdough!

My back yard has a basketball court to play or ride some of the toys and the big wheel on it. I also have a swing set, hammock, and a small playhouse.


Yep…I might not be on the states radar to watch kids but I am on my kids’ radar to watch the grandchildren.

Psst: I wouldn’t have it any other wayWithout States’ Accreditation

No comments:

Post a Comment