Friday, December 14, 2012

The Central Diner & Grille


The sign above the door reads - The Central Diner & Grille and underneath it says Breakfasts/Lunch/Dinner/Late Night. The rather modern diner is located at 6408 Steubenville Pike.
 

What caught my attention, besides the extensive menu and choice of food, was the management’s food philosophy. It’s not just about good fresh foods, or the healthy and hearty choices, but it’s their promise to deliver to their customers the best products. The Diner buys fresh and local foods, which is an asset to the community.

 

The interior of the building is new, clean, bright and decorated with modern pictures and lighting fixtures. The wait staff is courteous and attentive. The manager is readily available to talk to as he goes from table to table visiting to the patrons.

 

The Mediterranean style menu covers everything from simple cereals, eggs, omelets, griddle offerings, specialty salads, wraps, paninis, specialty burgers, sandwiches, sides, appetizers, entrée dishes that covers roast, chicken, seafood, steaks, chops, Italian specialties, Greek specialties, an array of desserts that include Sarris ice cream, beverages and more.

Since I had a hard time choosing, my friends and I started off with Onion Rings and Jalapeno Poppers. The coating was delicious! They weren’t drenched in grease.

 

I ordered a Swiss Beef Burger with sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions and melted Swiss cheese, served on the freshest and tastiest bun that I have had in a long time. The fries were coated with seasoning and delicious as well.

 

My two dining companions ordered the Vegetarian Panini filled with eggplant, zucchini, onions, mushrooms, tomato, fresh mozzarella and pesto sauce. They both assured me that their sandwiches were extremely tasty.

 

My only complaint is that The Central Diner should be out here in the North Hills area. They wouldn’t be disappointed, the tables and fountain would be packed. I know that I would be a frequent customer on a weekly basis.

 

If you are looking for a good meal in comfortable surroundings, try The Central Dinner & Grille on Steubenville Pike.

No comments:

Post a Comment