Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Lost Necklace


 

Last year, my one daughter-in-law made me a necklace, with some stones and three miniature frames with my family photos. It looked like an antique piece of jewelry, except for the black cord that tied the necklace.

The necklace was a beautiful piece of jewelry. What made it special was that my daughter-in-law took the time to shrink down the family photos of my parents, one of my brother and I, and one of the four of us.

 

Finally, I decided to wear it this past Sunday. I pulled the necklace out of my jewelry drawer and decided to wear it to church. Besides, afterwards, my daughter-in-law was having a home jewelry party and she would be pleased to see me wearing the necklace. Plus, maybe it would give some of her potential customers and idea to maybe order one.

 

A few hours later while sitting at Panera’s, I started to straighten my necklace and found that it was missing. It was no longer around my neck. I frantically looked around the floor of Panera’s, the parking lot and my inside my car. Sadly, it was all too clear that I had lost the necklace at church, or on one of the streets around the church. I wonder if I will ever find it. I doubt it, unless my prayers are answered by St. Anthony (patron saint of lost things). Or maybe a miracle will occur.

 

Maybe someone might find it, admire it, and wear it. Maybe they’ll decide it’s a rare antique piece with photos of a family from days gone by. Maybe they’ll adopt my family as their own, or be happy to just wear the necklace. Whatever, I hope that they enjoy and appreciate it, like I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment