Thursday, February 19, 2015

Arian David Photography

Arian David, wedding photographer from Rochester, New York, made a trip into Utica, New York, visited a number of places, took some spectacular photos, and blogged about it. Every so often, he takes his camera and goes off and shoots photos for his artistic pleasure. David
decided to visit some towns in Central New York and blog about them, and Utica happened to be one of these towns.

My cousin shared the story with me and gave me Arian David’s Blog site. What I found interesting is that after the photographer blogged about Utica, and with the news coverage and placing it on his Facebook page and his Twitter account, the photographer mentioned that he had 25,000 hits whereas he had 20,000 visitors. That is so amazing! What was more amazing was that the people who saw his Blog and photos got to see the beauty of some of Utica’s hidden treasures and attractions.

David visited the Railroad Train Station and the Farmers Market that is held there, Utica Roasting Company, Hotel Utica, Stanley Theater, Munson-Williams-Proctor Art Institute, Matt Brewing Company and The Tailor and The Cook restaurant.

Since going back to visit my relatives, I have seen and visited almost all of those places that David had photographed. But some other personal favorites are the small cafes and pastries, the tomato pie and the Memorial Parkway are also some of my favorites.

Now after reading the Blog (http://ariandavidphtography.wordpress.com), I have told my cousin that when I come in for my annual visit, I want to go back and see all those places again.


Sometimes, real treasures are in one’s own back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment