Sunday, February 15, 2015

Writer to Writer

The other day, my grandson, Matt, asked me a few questions about my writing process. The first question was where do I write. I thought about it and then I answered him, thinking it would be one easy answer. I said that I write on my bed. Then I added, I write in my chair in my bedroom. I added that I also write at the kitchen table. And then it was, Oh…I also write at the computer. Then a few days later, I realized that I write anywhere and everywhere, like in my car, or at the bookstore, or at my daughter’s catering kitchen, I also write on a bench outside or whenever I get an idea, wherever I am.

Then he asked how I write. My answer was that I write long hand with a pen or pencil. But other times, I can expand my writing in front of the computer without using the old way of pencil and pen.

The third question was, “Grandma, do you have a notebook that I can use because I have an idea about a story that I want to write?”


My answer was, “You bet I do.” I promptly went upstairs to my writing room and pulled out a composition book from my bookshelf for my grandson to use. I handed the book to Matt…a gift from one writer to another.

2 comments: