Saturday, February 7, 2015

Two Big Congratulations!

A few weeks ago, my oldest granddaughter, Hannah, let me know that she had three pieces of her artwork submitted to this year’s Scholastic Art Program. One of her drawings received a Silver Key and the other two received Honorable Mention.

For the past few years, Hannah has had her artwork accepted and on display at LA Roche College in the North Hills area, along with the other Scholastic winners. In each of those shows, she has received a Silver Key.

Then yesterday, my oldest grandson, Matt, called to tell me that the story he wrote was accepted to the Scholastic Western Pennsylvania Writing Project, and received a Gold Key. I was really excited to hear about that. When Matthew was younger, he used to dictate his stories to a grown- up who would write them down. Then Matt would illustrate them. Eventually he would write more books by himself, as well as illustrate those.

I was so excited that his 8th grade teacher recognized his talent and submitted his story to Scholastic. Good job, Matt!


Congratulations to both of my grandchildren, Hannah and Matthew. I am so proud of you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment