Tuesday, February 24, 2015

It's The Little Things

For the past nine days, my grandson was sick. It turned from a side effect from his 15 month shots to an ear infection, eye infections, and a cough. From that it became dehydration and pneumonia, resulting in IVs and 4 times a day breathing treatments.

My daughter took off from work for a few days, my son in law also took off and I helped out when my grandson couldn’t go back to Day Care until he built up his resistance.

Will was really sick, lethargic, and didn’t want to eat or drink. All he wanted was to be held. Each day I was hopeful for when he would get better. When his fever finally broke that was a relief. But he still wasn’t himself.

On the ninth day, Will finally started to drink and then, all of a sudden he decided to eat. I was ecstatic when I changed a wet diaper. Who would have thought that I would have been so excited? That was the sign that Will was drinking and on the mend.


Funny how grandparents worry more about their grandchildren then they did about their own children. Even funnier was the fact that a wet diaper would have made me so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment