Monday, March 30, 2015

Fairy Garden 2015

Spring is quickly approaching and it makes me think of all the newness that it brings. For example, watching what plants have thrived over the winter and will start sprouting up and looking forward to the new buds on my trees and bushes. I can’t wait for the Crocus, Daffodils and Tulips to bloom, and waiting or my Lenten Rose to start blooming, even in the midst of the snow.

I can’t wait to start working on the area in front of my house where I had my son take out the bushes. There are lots of things to do, like getting more soil delivered, and planting new bushes and different plants that will grow in the sun, with the removal of three mature trees last fall.

I enjoy going into the greenhouse and helping to plant all those tiny plugs that will grow and be bought for spring and summer flowers. In the greenhouse store, I enjoy seeing all the new items that one can purchase for their Fairy Gardens, or seeing what new ideas that my friend, Jane, has come up with or created in the Fairy Garden area at the greenhouse.

Jane, who is in charge of the Fairy Gardens, has really thrown herself into her work. She always is thinking of new ideas of what type of Fairy Garden to make, and is always looking at craft stores or through garden catalogues for new ideas and new items to purchase for Fairy Gardens.







Recently, Jane put together a Fairy Garden centerpiece for the Blackridge Garden Club’s Night of Great Gardens. She actually made a Fairy Garden coming out of the children’s book, The Secret Garden. The garden looks like a book filled with stones for a gravel walk, moss, plants, and animals. It was a very creative and peaceful looking garden. Jane made her own book instead of using and destroying one.


Jane also created a Fairy Garden using a missing bowl with red succulent plants, a table with 3-tier cake and cookies, and a chalk board for the Dessert and Family Night at Hosack Elementary School.




Fairy Gardens can be made out of just about any old unwanted and discarded container or item. It can be made out of an old pot, drawers, baskets, watering can, etc…just about anything. Imagination is the key to all of this. All a person needs to do is use her/his imagination or ask Jane at LMS for some ideas!

2 comments:

  1. I remember when Lynn Swann went to your garden. That was awesome, I still have his autograph thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete