Friday, July 10, 2015

Grandchildren Sleepovers

This summer, I have decided to have some of my older grandchildren over for sleepovers. So far, I have had one, but I do have a few more scheduled. Last week, I started with two grandchildren and this week, I had two more over.

Here are how the sleepovers work at my house: I pick up my grandchildren, Then we head to Target, where they are allow to pick at least two toys that they want. They also are allowed to pick out their favorite, candy, snack, or treat.

We end up at my house, and then they open up their toys and play with them for a while. When it is time for dinner, I let them choose where they would like to go. Sometimes, they just want to order pizza and wings and eat them at the house.

If we go out to eat, afterwards, we come back to the house. My grandchildren and I play a few games of Headbanz or Who Am I. When they get tired of that, we watch a kid’s movie. Usually, I make pop popcorn, and we sit and watch the movie, until its lights out, and time for bed.

The next morning, I get up and grab a much needed cup of coffee to wake myself up. While the kids lie on my couches watching cartoons, I make pancakes. I add sprinkles to the pancakes like red, green or blue, and sometimes I add blueberries.

After breakfast we play a few more board games, or card games. Sometimes I pull out some crafts for them to make and to take home. On the way home, we stop for ice cream cones. This is my way of getting them all sugared up for their parents! This is definitely a grandma perk!


Having my grandchildren come over in two’s is fun and it allows me to interact on a one to one basis. In my case…it is a one on two basis. For a night and day, my house is filled with cartoons, fun foods, loud grandchildren, games, crafts, and life. And the bottom line is that I enjoy it and so do my grandkids.

No comments:

Post a Comment