Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Smoky Mountains



The scenery along the way from West Virginia to Virginia to Tennessee was nothing but lush trees and rolling green hills. Eventually the Smoky Mountains came into view. The Mountains had a purple hue with smoke rising from the mountains, framed by trees. I took a number of photos of the Smoky Mountains from outside my car window.

Our hotel was located in the Margaritaville Island Resort; a sprawling hotel located in a village filled with eclectic shops, restaurants, a few amusement rides, a tall Ferris Wheel, and an arcade.


Our rooms were located right across from the roof top pool. Now that the rain had stopped, we headed for the pool to cool ourselves off and have some down time and fun. There was also a poolside bar, which we made use of. I found myself ordering a Dolly Mon that was a frozen margarita with silver rum. It was delicious and cooled me down. After the second one…I decided to take a break and just enjoy the pool, my son, his wife, and my three grandchildren. This was our first day and there would be plenty of time and more Dolly Mons to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment