Friday, July 31, 2015

It's All In The Hips!!!

Hips… for whatever reason, you just have to love them. Some people have nice hips, others have large hips or big saddle bags. But whatever, hips help you to hold up your pants, work the Hula Hoop, add some nice gyrations to your dance moves, and they do give you a nice shape…or not!

The other day, I was working with the baker, Halie, in the catering kitchen, for the last time. It looks like that I might be making cupcakes for the downtown Deli. So, Halie gave me some cupcake tips. Then I said that I was worried about decorating the cupcakes, using a pastry bag.

In a few minutes, Halie got some frosting and put it into the pastry bag with a star tip. She showed me how to do the swirls on a piece of parchment paper. After watching her, she handed me the bag and let me try my hand at it. At first my swirls looked unprofessional but I kept trying it when Halie said…”Use your hips. Use your right hand to hold the bag tightly. Use your left hand to guide the bag. Use your hips to do the movements”

I looked at Halie and said, “Just like Happy Gilmore?”

“Just like in Happy Gilmore,” said Halie.

I started to laugh when I remembered how the golf instructor, Chubbs, tried to show Happy Gilmore how to swing a golf club. He kept repeating that it was “All in the hips.”

And as soon as I started making my swirls and using my hips…Halie yelled out, “You got it!”

And, I did. Yep, it’s all in the hips!


Thanks, Halie! I will miss working with you, laughing, crying, and helping each other! Good luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment