Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The Heinz History Center

I was just at The Heinz History Center in The Strip on Monday. There is a really interesting and educational WWII display. It commemorates the 75th Anniversary of World War II and how Pittsburgh affected WWII and the war’s effect on the region. The display is called “We Can Do It! WWII.”

I have been to the WWII memorial in Washington and I was totally in awe of it. Despite that this exhibit is such a smaller version, I have to say that it really is top notch and totally worth viewing.  I loved the title of the exhibit, We Can Do It, especially the display of Rosie the Riveter.

It wasn’t just the men who did their part in the war, but the women and families and everyone back in the states. I learned a lot from the exhibit, the war and reasons and why it was fought. But it is still sad to think of the war, the rise of Hitler, countries that were invaded and other countries that watched what was happening, the deaths of all those Jewish people and other nationalities, and the sacrifice and deaths of all the American soldiers and the Allied soldiers.


I hope we never see another war like WWII. But I also realize that if we don’t learn from the past, we are bound to make the same horrific mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment