Sunday, September 25, 2016

Japanese Garden






Sunday, found us traveling through the downtown area and headed for a tour of the Japanese Garden. The day before, we walked through the Rose Gardens and I definitely loved all the roses and the grounds. I really didn’t care if we went to the Japanese Gardens. But after walking the five acres of the Japanese Gardens, I was happy that we went.








Included in the Garden was the Wisteria Arbor, Strolling Pond with the Authentic Moon Bridge, Tea Garden, Zig Zag Bridge, Natural Garden, Poetry Garden, Pavilion Gallery and Flat Garden. I loved all the green and tranquil areas of the Japanese Garden. I especially found the Sand and Stone Garden and the Flat Garden the most intriguing to me. Maybe it was because the white gravel was raked in such a perfect pattern and design.













  
The Koi Pond included the beautiful and many design Koi Fish.  The fish had interesting colors, patterns, and scaling. We stopped and took a lot of photos of the beautiful fish and watched them swimming around. They seem to have a sense and purpose to what they were doing. 



I was glad that my daughter and her husband suggested the Japanese Gardens. I loved experience the Zen like feeling of the gardens, and now understand the simplicity and power of all of it. I think that if I had a Japanese Garden in my back yard…I would be sitting outside next to it and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment