Friday, September 23, 2016

Waterfalls, Lake and Hood River, Oregon





 
After we drove to Mt. Hood, we actually drove around the base of the hill and that was another spectacular ride. We stopped at two different falls  -  Horsetail Waterfalls which is 177 feet. That was very cool. But the Multnomah Falls was even more spectacular. The falls fell 627 feet.  There were other falls along the way but the Multnomah Falls took my breath away. I took a lot of pictures of both the waterfalls. I would have to add…Wow for Horsetail Waterfalls and a double Wow for Multnomah Falls!

















About 7-1/2 miles from Mt. Hood was Trillium Lake. This lake offers spectacular views of the mountain and on a clear day, one can see the reflection of Mt. Hood in the clear lake.  We walked a trail around the lake and saw some campers set up their camp sites. I could understand why they used the cover of the trees; the area was very cool in temperature, situated close to the lake. Everything about the area was tranquil and beautiful. I loved the drive and the sights.






Later, we stopped in a quaint town called Hood River, Oregon, which is located by the Columbia River. Across from the river is Washington State. To me, the river looked green and clean. We walked around the busy town and had a nice dinner quiet dinner at one of the eclectic restaurants. With the quaintness of the town and the spectacular views, I know why Hood River attracts so many visitors.




When we were finished with dinner and walking around the town, we drove back home. As I sat in the front seat, I contentedly soaked up the view of all those pine trees and mountains. The day was awesome and my visit was getting better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment