Saturday, October 29, 2016

Exchanging Work Aprons





Yesterday, I put on a different apron and worked at my daughter’s kitchen, making soufflés’. I will be doing this every other week…making soufflés that she will serve at her downtown Deli. I haven’t made soufflés for months…but the job is easy and I like working in the kitchen alone and on my own. 







The process is an easy one. After I wash my hands, put on my apron, I go through my routine of making the soufflés. I pull out the pastry from the freezer and take out a number of pastry sheets to thaw. Then I get two long sheet pans and line them with parchment paper. I pull out the soufflé cups and spray them and lay them out on the sheets. My next step is to mix the egg mixture and when I finish with that, I place the mixture back into the refrigerator.

The most time consuming is cutting circles out of the pastry, pressing it into the soufflé cups and then cutting strips to line the sides, making sure to praise all the seams tightly together.  When I am finished with this chore, I add different types of cheeses to the bottom of the soufflé’s cups, and then pour the egg mixture into the cups. I put the trays into the oven and bake them. When they are finished and cool down, I wrap three of the soufflés in plastic and freeze them for the Deli.



When the Deli serves the soufflé, they add toppings and cheese to the top of the soufflés and all the customer has to do is enjoy every bite of it!

So, the next time you are in downtown Pittsburgh…eat at Erin’s Deli and order a soufflé…you won’t be disappointed! And tell them

No comments:

Post a Comment