Saturday, October 15, 2016

Jeans with a ZIPPER!



Since February, I have been trying to lose weight. In the beginning my diet started around Lent (for non-Catholics, this is a time of penitence and giving up things in preparation for Easter). I gave up soda (which I love), chips, dips and snacks (which I doubly love), and sweets (which I could live without). I lost about 15 pounds but unfortunately, it didn’t show up in my blood work.

Then I doubled down and went hard core…reading labels, trying to find low sodium items lowering sugar intake along with starches, etc. In reality, I was trying to eat cleaner and healthier. I dropped 25 more pounds. I have lost a total of 40 pounds and will find out in a few weeks if this has affected my blood work for the better.

With all the weight loss, I felt great, my knees felt so much better without lugging all that weight. But in all of this, I had to buy new clothes. My old ones were totally baggy, hanging off of me and making me look sick. I kept pulling up my pants because they kept falling down. I ended up going through my closet and taking four big bags to a women’s store.

Then, the other day, I went to a store to buy a pair of jeans. After looking for my old reliable style of Mommy Jeans (ones with the elastic waist)…I couldn’t find any. So I tried on a different pair of jeans…they were in a normal size. They were actually smaller, and they fit but not only that they had …a ZIPPER! I haven’t worn jeans or any type of pants with a zipper since I was in my early 30s. I felt good about this.

But WOW…jeans with a zipper…amazing and awesome and who would have thought that I would now have a pair of jeans in my closet with one of those sweet little things - a zipper!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment