Monday, October 10, 2016

Zelienople Festival Days






I spent Sunday enjoying the Zelienople Fall Festival with my youngest son, his wife and five grandchildren. Most of the shops were open in the small quaint town. Some of the merchants had tables set up in front of their store displaying their merchandise.

There were a lot of interesting activities including chainsaw carving, music, sidewalk sales, farmers market, arts and craft vendors wood cutters, civil war re-enactors with their camp site, animals, a display of bees, free horse drawn wagon rides, and a whole lot more activities. Of course there were lots and lots of food to buy and sample.



For the little kids there was face painting, bouncing houses and some activities throughout the area for them to engage in. 








 I spent some of my time and money at the Alpaca tent with my oldest granddaughter checking out the soft and beautiful sweaters, hats, gloves, scarves and socks. While we were feeling the merchandise, my two younger granddaughters got to pet the two live Alpacas that were next to the tent…they were soft, fluffy, and adorable. But, alas, they weren’t for sale!

The weather and sun helped to make the day comfortable. It was fun but the best part was spending a few hours with my son, his wife and five grandchildren!

No comments:

Post a Comment