Monday, February 13, 2012

I Was on Vacation

While my one son and his wife went on a Caribbean Cruise, I spent eight nights with my two granddaughters. I pretty much decided to view this as a vacation, since I would be staying with them at their house.

While on the cruise, my son and daughter-in-law ate some great meals. My granddaughters and I ate a few good meals as well, like Chinese, a steak dinner, pizza, and for a bit of healthy - Subway.

As my son and his wife partied away, and went on a few extra excursions, my two granddaughters and I went to Five Below for some funky fun things, to the Mall for some clothes, and to Barnes and Nobles for books. While they went to school, I managed to run back to my house and feed the cats, then to the gym for some exercise. I assume that my son and his wife enjoyed the sun and got their exercise when they got to swam with the sting rays and did a few other fun things.

I took in four basketball games that my oldest granddaughter, Hannah played. Her team won all four of the games and would be in a tournament the following week. My youngest granddaughter, Brooke, and I managed to be her cheering section. We did a good job, too.

Of course we had lousy winter weather while my son and his wife had a nice hot week, with great weather, and came back with a tan. We didn’t get any sun or sun burns here in Pittsburgh. Just snow.

While my son and his wife gambled, my two granddaughters and I watched a lot of television, like cooking shows, reality shows and managed to watch some movies – GI Joe, The Help, Contagion, 50/50 and a few others.

When the week came to an end, I went home to rest. But I really miss hanging out with my granddaughters. I have to say this was one of the best vacations that I have ever been on. It was also a great vacation for my son and daughter-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment