Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pop Tarts


What is it about Pop Tarts? And I don’t mean the swinging, raunchy girlie Madonna-Wannabee entertainers either. I’m referring to Kellogg’s Pop Tarts, the toaster pastry in a box. Is it the aroma of them heating in that pastry? Or is it the delicious, sweet taste? Or is it all the different flavors and toppings that are available? Or is it just that convenient breakfast treat or on-the- go treat or just about anytime dessert treat? Or maybe it is all the above and more?

Pop Tarts are one of those desserts that can be stored in a pantry shelf. They have always been a big seller in my house when my kids were younger, and now when my grandchildren come to visit. I bet if you go into my pantry now, you will find a box of Pop Tarts. Sometimes when I’m alone, I pull out the box of Pop Tarts, heat them up, and enjoy eating them. Although, I enjoy eating the crunchy sides the best. Besides, Pop Tarts are good for snacks. But if you are in a hurry, you can heat them, grab a napkin, and eat them in the car.

The best part about Pop Tarts is that they come in all sorts of flavors: blueberry, cherry, strawberry, raspberry, brown sugar cinnamon, cookies & cream, chocolate chip, chocolate fudge, s’mores, and a few other flavors. Pop Tarts also come plain, or with frosting and sprinkles.

Eating a Pop Tart is an art in itself. I prefer to eat the crunchy edges first, and then I eat the center filled with the sweet filling. Others, like my granddaughter, Hannah eats the crust first. Her favorite flavor is cookies and cream. My other granddaughter, Brooke, licks the top of the Pop Tart first, eats the inside next, and finally the sides. Her favorite Pop Tarts are chocolate chip and cookies and cream.

However you view Pop Tarts, they are not just for kids. Try them and see what flavor you like or figure out how you want to eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment