Thursday, February 16, 2012

Who Knew?

I stayed with my two granddaughters, for a week, while their parents were on a cruise. The three of us did some fun things (which I will blog about at another time). But in between the errands, like, basketball games, school and work schedules, we staked out our spots on the couches and love seats. We watched television, where one show really stood out in my mind, Say Yes to the Wedding Dress, also, an ad for Catholics Match.Com, and a promo for the show, the Duggar’s, 19 Kids and Counting.

First, we watched quite a few episodes of Say Yes to the Wedding Dress. I had never seen the show before and found it interesting that the brides would tell the saleswoman the kind of dress that they wanted, and didn’t want. I laughed when the brides cried at how awful they looked. It was kind of pathetic that they weren’t adventurous enough to try on a few different types of gowns, or at least give it a chance. No open mindedness with this group. It was hard to see how many people they brought along. Some had a huge entourage, and with the larger group, it seemed that everyone had their own opinion, and freely expressed it. The brides-to-be listened to everyone and that would set the saleswoman to scout around for more dresses. Who knew or cared or wanted to see all that drama? I guess I did because I watched a whole lot of episodes just waiting for that magical moment when the woman would “Say Yes to the Wedding Dress!”

Then there was the ad for CatholicMatch.Com. All I can say is YIKES! Who knew that God was rooting for only Catholics to use the computer, the Internet, and a dating site to find the perfect match and the Catholic Imprimatur Seal of Approval? REALLY? Come on, what would happen to us, the population and the world if this was the only way to find the perfect CatholicMatch.Com. The world would be in a whole lot of trouble because not everyone has a computer or access to CatholicMatch.Com. Who knew that God has so much time on His hands for this worth-while endeavor with all the other problems like world hunger, draughts, potential nuclear annihilating disaster, horrible natural catastrophes, or what sports team that he liked best in the sports world? Who knew?

Now I come to my third bizarre television moment – the promos into the world of the Duggar’s, 19 Kids and Counting. Wow, where do I start? Who knew that if you never said no to more babies you would land a big fat deal, have a television series and be famous, and be a political spokesman for one if the GOP presidential candidates! Who knew? I know that I didn’t. Obviously the promo rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe I was jealous because I had nine children in 11 years, and even knew when to stop having them and enjoying them without a raise in pay, or a contract renewal! Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment