Thursday, May 16, 2013

Appetizers






Making appetizers in the kitchen can be fun and interesting. Just working with each ingredient and putting together the appetizers actually fills me up. Today was no different.  For our assignments, each of us had our jobs to do. I got to mix and make the crab mixture, my daughter worked on mini potato pancakes, my daughter-in-law secured the bacon on the dates and then filled the won tons with the pork mixture and closed them.

 

 I got to make the crab meat balls, while I watched bacon being wrapped and secured around a date filled with chorizo and cheese. This appetizer is called Devils on Horseback and is one of those incredible appetizers to sample and eat.

 

After my crab mixture was finished, my daughter in law helped me roll the mixture into balls and coat with bread crumbs and place 120 of them on two sheet trays. These were placed on racks in the Walk-In Cooler.

 

Eventually the three of us finished filling the wantons and crimping them. They looked just like they came out of the kitchen of one of those Oriental Restaurants.

 
Sometimes everything falls into place nicely. This was one of those times

No comments:

Post a Comment