Monday, May 27, 2013

House Hunting


I have been driving around my area, searching for houses that are for sale by owner or an agent. A few houses have come on the market and my youngest daughter and her husband have put a bid down, only to have the owners accept a higher offer from someone else.

 

A few lessons I have learned from this house hunting with my daughter has left me with a mixed bag of feelings…

1.      It’s fun to look at different houses and be inspired by the decorating and what I could do with those places if I owned them.

2.      Different styles and decorations make me want to change the interior of my house, but the feelings are fleeting ones.

3.      I wish sometimes that I was the one moving.

4.      I am glad that I am not the one moving.

5.      I don’t want to clean my house so that it shines in order to show it to someone else.

6.      I don’t want to paint it or make it more appealing in order to sell it.

7.      I don’t want strangers or Real Estate people coming through my house and critiquing things.

8.      Just the thought of putting a For Sale sign up in my yard makes me sick to my stomach.

9.      Just the thought of moving and packing and fining a new place to live makes me hyperventilate, and grab a paper bag.

10.  I’m just as happy and content being the one that isn’t looking for a house.

 

So – I can live vicariously through my daughter’s house hunting adventure and - relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment