Monday, May 13, 2013

To Do List or Not


I had a lot of plans for the past weekend. I was in a cleaning mood. My list grew and grew. I checked off a few chores, like washing windows and curtains, wood trim and doors.

 

Along came Marathon Sunday in Pittsburgh. Two of my kids were running in it. While I waited, I figured that I could get the rest of my chores completed. Everything changed when I had to take

my daughter to the ER for an IV cocktail to help with her dehydration. Who knew that they would admit and keep her for two-and-a-half days? It was two days of constant IV fluids with antibiotics, liquid diets, and a GI test.

 

During this time, my bucket of water with Murphy’s Oil Soap and rag stood idly by, waiting for my return. The pile of mushroom manure was piled high in my driveway smelling and also waiting patiently for my return.  Even my writing for my daughter’s new website took a back seat.

 

Sitting in the ER can be boring and stressful, especially when the up monitor that was hooked up for my daughter’s vital signs would go off every few seconds. It seems that runners besides having a low blood pressure have an even lower heartbeat. I do know that I am glad that we went to the hospital when we did because she would have been in worst shape.

 

I lost one-and-a-half days while sitting in the hospital. On the next day, my daughter sent me into her catering kitchen with over two notebook pages of things to prepare in her kitchen. Thankfully, there was another woman there to help me. And not to boast, we got it all done in the one day much to my daughter’s surprise and relief.

 

The good news is that my daughter is fine and won’t be running any more marathons or half marathons. But she can still run for enjoyment. Oh well, my chores can wait and even my manure will wait under the tarp, smelling up the area in front of my garage. I’ll get around to both…sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment