Saturday, September 21, 2013

Grandparents Day


On a particular Friday morning I was in for a special treat. I was invited to Grandparents Day at my grandchildren’s elementary school celebration. The day started out with Mass at St. Sebastian’s Church in the North Hills area. It totally amazed me to see the church packed with students, teachers, parents and their little children, grandparents and others. And this wasn’t even Sunday! The Church seemed alive and thriving in this day and age.

 

After Mass we signed into the school, and I ended up with a ‘cheat sheet,’ where I wrote the names and room numbers for each of my grandchildren’s’ classrooms. I walked down the hall and went into each classroom, where my three grandchildren were: Bella, 2nd grade; Anna, Kindergarten, and Michael, 3rd grade. The upper class and pre-school didn’t participate in the programs…so I missed seeing Matthew, 7th grade, and Chloe in pre-school.

 

By the time I made it to each of their classrooms, the kids were happy to see me, and they shared a picture that they drew. I met their teacher and saw their classroom. Besides getting a cookie from each classroom – my biggest treat was seeing my grandchildren. The pictures that they drew are now hanging up on my refrigerator, and are a constant reminder of that special day. I wouldn’t have missed Grandparents Day Celebration for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment