Monday, September 9, 2013

KNITHOPE


For the past two weeks, when I have found myself with a lot of time on my hands, I have been knitting scarves. Instead of just watching television, I have knitted and completed seven scarves and am going to work on an eighth one.

 

My scarves are going into a box at the Northland Library for KnitHope.  Northland collects the hand knitted scarves or crocheted ones, which are distributed to the Pittsburgh areas homeless people and families struggling to make ends meet.

 

Scarves need to be 5 inches wide and 60 inches long in any color that can go to a man or woman. Any variety of washable yarn should be used. The drops off boxes are located in the upper and lower level of the Library. The scarves can be donated from August 15 to October 15.

 

If interested – this is a worthwhile project, and a great way to use your left over yarn. For more information about this project, go to KnitHope’s website: (www.knithope.org).

No comments:

Post a Comment